Jennifer Candipan- Urban Sociologist




I'm starting a new series on the BRYR blog dedicated to the women who inspire me. Women who are strong, smart, independent, beautiful and powerful- everything I want the BRYR to be. I'm making this a space to talk about what fuels their passion, what drives their lives, and what they care about. And, of course, to see how they wear their BRYR clogs!

The first BRYR Muse is my good friend, Jennifer Candipan (or Candy as her friends call her). Candy and I first met many years ago in LA, taking a aerial trapeze class together in West Hollywood. The class ended, but we kept climbing, goofing around and listening to foreigner while hanging from ropes. Last year, Jennifer moved to Brooklyn for the Graduate program at Columbia , and is now working in the Doctoral Program in Sociology at USC. She studying Urban Development, Gentrification and Ethnic Politics and writes about racial transition and neighborhood stability in Canarsie, Brooklyn. She's one smart cookie.

Candy and I took a walk around her Fort Greene neighborhood and talked about her thoughts on the area, the new Barclay Center, Gentrification, and where single ladies should be living in the city these days. 


South Oxford Park



Explaining how the neighborhood saved the park
Fulton Street

I was a bad influence and persuaded her to have a post-walk glass on wine.
Jennifer is modeling the Phoebe boot in Petrol in our walk through Fort Greene.

0 comments :

Post a Comment