The Odette Shearling boot


It's funny how you can't predict things that you'll love about your new job. I've discovered one of my favorite things about BRYR is getting to meet so many great people, and helping them create their perfect shoe. Sometimes it's that they want a special color or combination, and sometimes it's that they have a special fit request.

So, I decided I wanted to start sharing with you the fruits of these collaborations with you guys. And, to make things even more fun, give you the chance to buy them for a limited time! How great is that? The first creation I'm highlighting is with my new friend, Melissa Joarosz. Melissa came by the studio a couple weeks ago wanting to try on some clogs and see what she wanted. She walked away with a very unique and super cute design.

Name: Melissa Jarosz
Where you live: DUMBO, Brooklyn
What's your Job: Producer in the Digital Innovation group at Estée Lauder.
Design collaboration: The Odette Shearling boot

 
Inspiration for your boots: Winter boots... part practical, part pup. Clogs make the best winter boots. I saw other BRYR clogs in two colors and really liked the look. There were so many wonderful options to choose from, but I decided to keep it simple. Black and tan match everything, and in the winter, black seems to hold up against the NYC grime so much better than lighter colors (thus the black on the bottom). And the combo looks quite lovely on my dachshund, Odette, so how could I go wrong? :)

   
How did you find BRYR: At the Renegade Craft Fair in Williamsburg. The display caught my eye, the design and quality were impeccable, and made-to-order shoes can make a girl feel pretty special. I was sold.

Who are your style inspirations: Growing up, my grandmother Janice was a huge influence. She was always dressed to perfection, very clean and precise, and wore/had heels for every occasion (including lounging on the couch on a Saturday afternoon). From an era/aspirational perspective, I adore the casual style of French New Wave icons like Ana Karina, Jean Seberg and Jane Birkin. I'm also inspired by individual pieces, being drawn viscerally to a pattern or shape from designers or stores I love (like Carven, Steven Alan, The Kooples), or happening upon something unique at a flea market.

Thanks Melissa and Odette for coming by on a cold Brooklyn Monday and showing us your new clogs!


2 comments :

  1. Best things are always old, and we always need some so called old fashion things nowadays! So I just collect some classic sheepskin coats for men, inspired by some tradition rancher sheepskin shearling coat classic design style in www.cwmalls.com, quality fabric of course (thick shearling sheepskin with soft yet durable exterior)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Design collaboration: The Odette Shearling boot ... gsheepskincoat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete